A unique project providing an advanced solution to our customer and their stakeholders.
When a customer was looking for a solution to efficiently distribute natural gas from two Upstream Suppliers to over 2,500 square miles of territory in southern New Jersey, they partnered with the Kiely Family of Companies to design and build a unique, full-service solution to serve over 390,000 of their customers.
The project consisted of designing and building a new compressor station that connected to the existing 24” pipeline to assist in providing additional volume to support the transmission and distribution system during high demand periods. The station provides the customer with the ability to maintain safe and reliable service to their gas customers.
- Design a compressor station that can manage variable pressure and flow rates from upstream suppliers
- Design a system that elevates the pressure in the 24” pipeline to its true MAOP on even the highest demand days
- Provide safe and reliable service in the event of upstream limitations caused by any suppliers
- Complete the project on a tight timeline, designing and building during the COVID-19 pandemics
Since the Kiely Family of Companies has experience in designing and building compressor stations, we provided our customer with a trusted resource for engineering and inspection services, while also managing a construction contractor of the customer’s choosing. This required multiple teams at KIELY to work seamlessly together with multiple sub-contractors, ultimately providing the same quality service as a full design-build.
Keeping Safety Top of Mind
KIELY faced a unique challenge with this project: it was being designed, constructed, and managed during a global pandemic.
While safety is always paramount at KIELY, we handled this unique situation while keeping our team members and sub-contractors as safe and productive as they would be on a pre-pandemic project.
110,000 Hours of Work
3.77 Project TRIR
0 Lost Time Accidents
0 COVID-19 Cases
Final Project Details
Committed to designing and building projects that deliver success to our customers and their stakeholders, the KIELY team prepared equipment and material specifications, completed procurement needs, created an O&M manual, and commissioned the 29 acre infrastructure project
site that included water supply via well, water irrigation, landscaping, storm sewer, onsite septic, pavement, and auxiliary utilities.
Although the scope of work and project were large, KIELY successfully commissioned the constructed compressor station, delivering this project on December 31, 2020, meeting the customer’s deadline date, while sparing no expense to safety.
Full Engineering Scope
The Kiely Family of Companies delivered a full engineering design package which included:
- Preliminary Engineering/Flow Study Conditions/Design Basis Manual
- Mechanical/Civil/Electrical/Architectural Design
- Site and Construction Permitting
- Material specification
- Procurement of all major equipment and material including delivery to site
- Preparation of a final construction bid package
- On-site engineering support throughout the entire construction phase
- Construction Inspection
- Commissioning/Immediate Operational Support
- Operation and Maintenance Manuals
With technical expertise and an innovative organizational structure, the Kiely Family of Companies provides customers with a unified business approach and a single point of contact for unparalleled accountability for project success.
Our services enable design and construction teams to strategize as one, delivering a wealth of customer benefits and providing a tailored solution optimized for cost, quality, and efficiency.
Trust the Kiely Family of Companies with your next project.